Unbloat founder Shilpa Mehra, M.D.
Unbloat is doctor-formulated to bring you everything your body needs to fully digest healthy foods, avoid the buildup of uncomfortable gases, and enjoy long-term gut health.
In 2020 and 2021, our team actually researched, manufactured and launched two different products before creating Unbloat in early 2022. These were simple supplements that contained magnesium and fiber (in the first product) and probiotics (in the second product). Our goal was to make it easy for people to be regular, regularly.
However, these products — like many on the market — lacked ingredients and weren't solving all of our customers’ needs. After talking to over 85 customers, we quickly learned that their biggest pain point was actually the discomfort and embarrassment of bloating.
So, we teamed up with gastroenterologist Dr. Shilpa Mehra in 2022 to create the most comprehensive supplement on the market to not just tackle constipation and bloating, but also provide an easy way for people to obtain a healthy gut.
We knew the new formula needed to contain the ingredients we had learned about in creating our first two products (like magnesium!), AND some key new ones (ginger, turmeric, peppermint). We considered over 200 different formula variations (no, that’s not a typo) before landing on the 40 ingredients that are in Unbloat.
It was a 3 year process that took A LOT of trial and error!
Our unique formula includes:
• 21 digestive enzymes
• 7 key probiotic strains
• 2 kinds of prebiotic fiber
• Peppermint: Treats IBS, other digestive problems, the common cold, sinus infections, headaches
• Fennel seed: Improves digestion, purifies the blood, regulates blood pressure, improves eyesight, treats IBS and constipation, reduces cancer risk
• Turmeric and ginger: Improves arthritis, digestive disorders, respiratory infections, allergies, liver disease, depression
• Milk thistle: Helps prevent or treat high cholesterol, heartburn, upset stomach (dyspepsia), hangover, gallbladder problems, menstrual pain, depression
• Spirulina algae: Rich in a range of vitamins and minerals essential for maintaining a healthy immune system
• 4 other essential nutrients